September road trip

September road trip
September road trip

Monday, March 10, 2014

Kelly Pickler concert



Once again a week has slipped by and I haven’t posted to the blog. Knowing so many of you start your day with my literary wit, (lol) I apologize for the omission. I know you’re going to shake your heads and say “what?” when I say this but we’ve been busy. I know, we’re two retired folks sitting in an RV in Florida.  How can you be busy, but it happens.



On Tuesday we went back to the Strawberry Festival for the Kelly Pickler (American Idol runner up) concert. We arrived early to stroll the fairgrounds and eat another carnival dinner. We had pizza this time, it was pretty good too, of course all pizza is good, some is just better. I don’t want to sound like we didn’t enjoy the concert because we did but with a cravat. We all got familiar with Kelly Pickler on American Idol where she sang cover songs that we knew. In her concert she sings all original material and I guess we haven’t been keeping up with her because with the exception of the song about her mother’s abandonment, we didn’t know any of the songs. She is still has a good voice, she still portrays herself as the simple country girl and she has excellent stage presences, but we would have enjoyed it more had she sung music we knew.

As much as I would rather travel without an itinerary we are leaving soon for some popular destinations so I must plan and make reservations. I devoted some time to that endeavor last week. Millie was busy preparing for her trip out to New Mexico. She flew out on Saturday and is visiting her daughter and helping with the kids while Dave is away on business.

As soon as Millie returns we leave central Florida and start our spring time road trip, more on that as it unfolds.

Stay warm and we’ll see you down the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment