September road trip

September road trip
September road trip

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

At the end of the day we had a fine pair of golden slippers



Greetings,

This morning as I write this I realize a lot of you are having to endure some very cold weather. Better you than me, if I was up there I’d be whining so much someone would smack me in the head. Monday was MLK day; TV news here in Orlando was all about robbing, shooting, etc., sad reflection about the lack of advancement in some segments of our society. That’s all I’ll say about that.

We’ve washed the jeep, made our first trip to Wal-Mart and have generally settled into our winter home. Millie goes to the exercise room every morning; I walk the dogs and tell myself that is exercise. We have ridden our bikes and will do that a lot while we’re here. Millie rode off and left me the other day because I stop and talk to anybody, but I did find my friends Wayne and MaryAnn Wingard, or rather, they found me when I stopped to chat with someone across from their motorhome.

 I flunked a tolerance test yesterday, but was consoled with a fine Mexican dinner accompanied by a lovely lady with golden shoes. Let me explain; a couple days before we left Myrtle Beach I broke a crown on one of my molars. Knowing my dentist would not be able to replace it before our departure I decided to deal with it while traveling. My first idea was to wait until we got to Texas and go across the boarder to a Mexican dentist. Cost being the main factor in this idea, but then I decided I didn’t want to wait around in Southwest Texas for a week or two while the replacement was being made.


I did an internet search and selected a dentist near our campground. Goldberg Dental is a large firm with about 8-10 offices in Florida. I arrived 15 minute before my appointment and soon observed that this was a very busy office. I wasn’t too concerned as it appeared to have a large staff to handle the volume of people coming and going. I won’t go into detail but after two hours of sitting in the waiting room I got up and walked out, never having been seen by anyone other than the receptionists. 


Millie had been shopping at a nearby Bealls Department store nearly the whole time which she assured me was not a hardship and she was very pleased with the golden shoes she purchased. We went to Ay Jalisco Mexican restaurant for a late lunch where a fine meal and my lovely wife brought my world back to happy. Not sure what I’m going to do about the tooth but that’s for another day.


See you down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment